The world is called Dina.

Dina is the fourth planet distant from the sun Adela and the only astronomical object known to harbor life. Dina revolves around the sun in 400 days. Dina has 3 moons: Mortus, Riane and Cora.

About 80% of Dina’s surface is covered with water, mostly by oceans. The remaining 20% is land consisting of continents and islands that together have many lakes, rivers and other sources of water that contribute to the hydrosphere. The majority of Dina’s polar regions are covered in ice including the southern ice sheet.


Dina’s axis of rotation is tilted with respect to its orbital plane, producing the four seasons:

  1. Eltos: Following Boestos and preceding Matos. At Eltos, days and nights are fifteen hours long, with night length decreasing as the season progresses. Eltos refers not only to the season, but also to ideas of rejuvenation, resurrection and regrowth.
  2. Matos: Following Eltos. At the Matos solstice, the days are longest and the nights are shortest, with day length decreasing as the season progresses after the solstice.
  3. Anthestos: The possibilities and opportunities of Matos are gone, and the chill of Boestos is on the horizon. Skies turn grey, the amount of usable daylight drops rapidly and many people turn inward.
  4. Boestos: Boestos is the coldest season of the year in polar and temperate zones. It occurs after Anthestos and ends the year.

Map of the world Dina.